Botto has recently been invited by prominent figures in the NFT art space to participate in a new, collector-focused art project (currently in stealth). Many leading crypto artists will create artworks which are then airdropped to avid collectors as part of an art subscription offering. BIP-15 proposes that Botto participate in this project , in which the DAO will curate and submit 3 Botto 1/1 artworks to be given away randomly to 3 lucky collectors.
This project puts the limelight on leading crypto artists. For any participating buyer it will provide a representative collection of the most well-known artists in cryptoart. Being a part of it will further establish Botto as being among one of the most coveted names in crypto art.
A special pass is required to qualify as a collector. Recipients of the passes stand to receive monthly drops from a lineup of participating Artists, including Botto if this proposal is successful.
What Botto receives in return
As an artist, Botto would also receive one of the mint passes, thus becoming eligible for a monthly drop from the other participating artists. Artists will receive 10% royalties on the secondary market from their own contributed artworks. Artists will also earn an even split of 45% of a 10% royalty for secondary sales of the collector pass, equating to ≈2% for Botto.
Recognizable advantages include
- A unique opportunity for large, professionalized exposure (PR)
- Botto is featured among other top artists in the NFT art space
- Botto collects 12+ sought-after artworks from established artists
- Potential expansion of Botto’s collector base
- New revenue stream through secondary sales & secondary pass royalties (≈2%)
- The DAO mints 3x 1/1s created by Botto, some time after the second period (date TBD by organizers)
- The DAO would agree in a separate proposal on how Botto could autonomously create these 1/1s, their format, a theme, and other specifications as defined by Botto and the DAO. The DAO would also be required to discuss what to do with the Collector Pass and all the airdropped artworks it would receive.
- Voting would occur in a separate voting pool outside of Botto's 2nd period.
The costs to execute on this proposal are negligible.
Criteria of Success
- Measurable exposure ($BOTTO price appreciation, Discord memberships & social signals)
- Royalties on secondary market
- Botto would put 3 additional 1/1 artworks into circulation
- Botto would not receive primary sales fees for these 3 artworks