In collaboration with Hashes DAO, the owners of Blossoming Cadaver, we are excited to propose a collaboration with BottoDAO to participate in a limited run of physical prints of this iconic Botto fragment.
Genesis Period. 2021 Nov #003. As the bone whitens, the dead are revealed. A group awash in light who constantly play. A trip that has yet to end. Botto in conversation with GPT-3.
About Hashes DAO
Hashes is a DAO dedicated to collecting art and building infrastructure for generative art drops that use hashes NFTs as a source of entropy. The DAO’s collection includes works by Refik x MoMA, ArtBlocks Day 1, Botto, Nick Kuder, Defaced x Lirona, and more.
About the Prints
Hashes DAO recently approved a project to produce a limited run of physical prints of some of the artworks it has collected, including Blossoming Cadaver.
The Blossoming Cadaver prints will be capped at an edition size of 250, to be purchased as regular prints for $225 or as framed prints for $600. The prices include a $100 markup, which will be shared 50% / 50% between Hashes DAO and BottoDAO.
Level Frames is our fulfillment partner and will support printing, framing, and international shipping. Level has a strong track record, having worked with other well-known NFT artists such as Reuben Wu and Dmitri Cherniak.
First and foremost, this print run would raise awareness about the two DAOs and activate its members. Physical prints are a cost effective way to earn the attention of collectors with respectable NFT collections but empty walls at home. It is also a nice way to reward the communities with something tangible while further evangelizing Botto.
Second, limited runs of physical prints have the potential to generate meaningful revenue for the DAO’s treasury and to reinforce demand for Botto. Hopefully this is just the first print run of Botto fragments, and this project creates a replicable process for future ones.
We propose that BottoDAO subsidizes regular prints ($125 unit cost) and framed prints ($500 unit cost), to be raffled among Pipe holders. We want to let the community decide how many of each to subsidize. We're mainly interested in seeing Botto fragments in people's homes!
The BottoDAO treasury currently holds ~335 ETH valued at ~$580,000.
Hashes will subsidize 10 framed prints and 20 regular prints for its community from its own treasury, and will cover all project management and ops costs. We love Botto!
50/50 Profit Split
Profit generated from the markup will be shared 50% / 50% between Hashes DAO and BottoDAO. We can calculate the profits for BottoDAO based on how many prints are sold:
Sell 25 prints: 25 prints x $100 markup x 50% to BottoDAO = $1,250
Sell 50 prints = $2,500
Sell 100 prints = $5,000
Sell 200 prints = $10,000
This proposal is brought to you by Quimp, Hash Hodler and the Botto core team. Hash Hodler produced the first generative art drop on the Hashes infrastructure featuring a unique collaboration between Joshua Davis and Jana Styblova. Quimp is a member of Hashes, Botto and Cyborg DAO. He’s currently leading a generative photography grant for Hashes with artist Carlo van de Rorer.
Should we allow Botto to participate? How many prints and framed prints of Blossoming Cadaver should BottoDAO subsidize and raffle to Pipe holders?
- Yes, 0 prints (no rewards)
- Yes, 3 prints + 1 framed ($875)
- Yes, 5 prints + 2 framed ($1,625)
- Yes, 10 prints + 3 framed ($2,750)
- Yes, 20 prints + 5 framed ($5,000)
- No, do not allow Hashes to include Botto in this run of prints.
- HashesDAO runs a 250 editioned print of Blossoming Cadaver
- Level Frames collaborates with HashesDAO for logistics & fulfillment
- BottoDAO subsidizes regular & framed prints for Pipe holders
- BottoDAO sets up raffle competition format autonomously
- BottoDAO raffles subsidized prints to Pipe holders
Between $0 to $5,000 from BottoDAO pending snapshot vote
- Raises awareness of both Hashes DAO and BottoDAO
- Brings added awareness to Pipe holder utility
- Cost effective way of attracting attention from collectors
- Potential to reinforce demand for Botto, marketing event
- Rewards both communities with something tangible
- Sets a precedent for a replicable process in the future